Southern Misfits Atv Riders

Southern Misfits Atv Riders

Welcome to Southern Misfits Atv Riders

Teryx Backup Lights, How to wire

shawkins62

Teryx Backup Lights, How to wire

Post by shawkins62 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:33 pm

I have a 2011 Teryx, Camo, LE and I love it. Look forward to riding with you guys. Goob lives right down the road so around here we have to cross it carefully!!

OK, to the real question. Their are a couple "factory" wires hanging down at the rear of the machine. It appears they are sorta wired for Reverse Lights? I checked the voltage and it seemed to be a Hot wire and a ground but when you put it in reverse it seemed like they both became Hot. Needles to say it took a while to figure this out and a couple fuses. I ended up taking the lights back and purchased Lights with a plastic housing instead of metal so they would quit grounding out. Now they come on when I put in reverse but as I increase RPM's while backing up, the light gets dimmer???

It really sucks when you are backing up from a Southern Indiana Sasquatch and your Reverse Light get dimmer as you pick up speed!!

I purchased a set of these "plastic housing" lights and also mounted one at the center of the Roll Gage with a dash mounted Toggle switch. It is really handy and it actually swivels so it will face down the trail behind you or swivel into the cab like a Dome light.
    Goob28
    Admin

Re: Teryx Backup Lights, How to wire

Post by Goob28 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:25 pm

thanks

Current date/time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:37 am