Southern Misfits Atv Riders

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Southern Misfits Atv Riders

2 posters

Pulled the winch apart..

Mud-and-Guts
    Mud-and-Guts

Pulled the winch apart.. Empty Pulled the winch apart..

Post by Mud-and-Guts Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:44 pm

I got out yesterday planning to make a step by step video on greasing the gearbox and when I came in to check out the footage found I had issues with the volume and a few issues with the video so I got to playing with the footage and made a little video that might give you an idea of what inside the winch gearbox looks like. This is the second time I have had mine apart in a year and a half and I like doing it because it keeps the winch operating quite and this way I know what kind of shape it is in..

I know I have said this before but if you ever use your winch when it is under water the winch acts like a vacuum and can pull water in through the bearing behind the engage/disengage lever (or anywhere else a seal is involved) that will cause premature failure, a common symptom of this happening is the bearing will try to stick and cause the engage/disengage hard to spin and/or a noisy gearbox. Next time I pull mine apart I will try to get a better detailed video.

The Big Show
    The Big Show
    Admin

Pulled the winch apart.. Empty Re: Pulled the winch apart..

Post by The Big Show Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks for a awesome video and tech tip Neil cheers

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm