Southern Misfits Atv Riders

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Southern Misfits Atv Riders

2 posters

Team Rockstar's Pickett Ride 4/23/2011

jodyt
    jodyt

Team Rockstar's Pickett Ride 4/23/2011 Empty Team Rockstar's Pickett Ride 4/23/2011

Post by jodyt Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:27 am

Team Rockstar Pickett Ride 4/23/2011

Team Rockstar's Pickett Ride 4/23/2011 Team_r10

Team Rockstar and a few Special guests met at Sunny Brook Store This morning for a great Day of Riding. In attendance was Rooster, RepoMan, Rancher Rider, Ky Kodiak, Big G, The Roxstar D with Wife April, Justus800 w/ Larry & Carrie, JodyT & Wife Sarah, and The Big Show with Nikki. After some hellos and catching up with old friends we hit the Trails just after 9 AM. We hadn’t gone ½ a mile when the Radio Cracked we needed to stop, seems The Big Show’s Winch had shorted out and was draining his Battery. With the winch disconnected from the battery we were off again. We ran 9 out to 52, once on 52 we had to break out the saw to dispatch a fallen tree. The storms up at Pickett a few weeks ago sure did leave a mess of downed or weak trees to have to be cleaned out of the trails. We continued on to trail 21 and a stop at Arch Rock, this natural wonder never seems to get old to me! From Arch Rock we headed for Preachers Rock, this is April’s 1st trail ride where she is doing the driving, she was a little afraid at 1st but by the time we reached trail 1 off of 21 she was doing great. After a bite to eat at Preachers Rock we headed towards Edwards Mountain. The climb up Edwards Mountain is not too steep but it is a long climb, I suggested that April ride with me and Sarah would take the XP up the mountain as she had been up it several times. She said she would follow Roxstar and take his lines, well I guess Dustin was watching her to make sure she took the proper line when he took the wrong line up the side of a bank and rolled Ruby. This was the 1st of several of Ruby’s temper tantrums today, Dustin righted the ole girl and we made it to the top without much more trouble. Once again we had to cut a tree out of the trail on 212, with that out of the way it was over to Mill Point overlook. On the way we stopped at Big Crack Cave, we all decided to take the short walk up the hill to go thru the cave. Dale being the quick witted soul he is changed the name to Jenny Craig Cave for the Tight squeeze to get into the cave. From there it was on over to Mill Point over look for a group Picture and some amazing views! Now on to trail 2 via the short cut trail off the Mountain, just after we got on trial 2 the radio cracks that the Sportsman is overheating, seems that we didn’t miss any mud holes and the XP kept a souvenir from each one tucked into the Radiator. After a few minutes squirting water into the grill with Water bottles we had it cooled off enough to continue on to the Hippie cabin. Once we arrived at the Hippie cabin it was apparent that April was wore out, and needed a knight in Shining Armor to take over the riding duties for Ruby. From the cabin we were off to the Big rock house, on the rocky knob Climb Ruby had her 2nd fit of the day. All I seen was the Head lights come up and go back down on a very step ledge; I knew this was not good. I jumped out of the RZR and ran to the hill crest to Find rooster off of Ruby trying to get her settled down, after a little pushing and pulling we had her up and over the Ledge. Rooster was shaken but in true Rockstar style climbed back in the Saddle and continued on. After a few minutes at the Rock house to settle frayed nerves we were off for Tea Cup rock. I guess on one of the rutted sections Ruby tried to dismount the rooster again. Once at Tea Cup rock it was decided that Rooster would ride the XP the rest of the way to the trucks. The Roxstar knows how Ruby likes to be treated, and a Lady she is not, we had no more trouble out of Ruby! On the transition from Trail 1 back on to trail 3 I guess Niki was driving and slid into a rut and the RZR started turn over, from what I hear she put her arm out to catch herself and over extended her Elbow. A little Ice and she was good to go, that girl must be tough as shoe Leather! The xp is continuing to give us trouble with the caked up Radiator, so I decide to tow it with rooster driving to the Sandmine to clean it out and cool it off. I grew up on a farm, being towed by another vehicle is second nature to me. I guess I towed Rooster the way I have always been towed….which is not Slow! When we got to the sand Mine Rooster was, well, Ready for a break…LMAO!!!

We finished with just over 45 Miles; it was a Hell of an adventure. I had a great time, and hope you guys did too! Pictures & video will be in that section….

Oh….

I love My wife!
    Goob28
    Goob28
    Admin

Team Rockstar's Pickett Ride 4/23/2011 Empty Re: Team Rockstar's Pickett Ride 4/23/2011

Post by Goob28 Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:34 pm

bounce cheers

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:42 pm