Southern Misfits Atv Riders

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Southern Misfits Atv Riders

5 posters

how the lynnville ride went

Goob28
    Goob28
    Admin

how  the lynnville ride went Empty how the lynnville ride went

Post by Goob28 Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:54 pm

me, christain ,ben and one of his buddys started out about a hour or two in it christain x tie rods bent and axle came out.he left to take it to big 4 to get looked at so me and ben hooked up with other guys and road.sorry i cant remember names well, but good guys to ride with ,glad to run into them.we road all day had pretty good time.

Rainemaker
    Rainemaker

how  the lynnville ride went Empty Re: how the lynnville ride went

Post by Rainemaker Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:04 am

Yeah pretty disgusted about how it all went down. The dirt road we were on should not have bent my tie rods. I am waiting on Big4 to find out if it is to be covered under warranty or not. I talked with a few other people this has happened too and one guy had the same thing happen to him. Except he was in the sand. His tie rod bent and it broke the spindle dropped his front end and flipped him. $9600 later his machine is almost running again. So yeah i'm down for a bit until I get word back from BRP if they are going to warranty it or not, should find out late tuesday or wednesday. Either way when it gets home I am breaking out the welder to do some modifications Smile I can assure you it wont happen again.

On the plus side we met some really nice people out on the trail. Hope to see them become members here and go riding with them again.
    ky kodiak
    ky kodiak

Post by ky kodiak Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:59 am

Rainemaker wrote:Yeah pretty disgusted about how it all went down. The dirt road we were on should not have bent my tie rods. I am waiting on Big4 to find out if it is to be covered under warranty or not. I talked with a few other people this has happened too and one guy had the same thing happen to him. Except he was in the sand. His tie rod bent and it broke the spindle dropped his front end and flipped him. $9600 later his machine is almost running again. So yeah i'm down for a bit until I get word back from BRP if they are going to warranty it or not, should find out late tuesday or wednesday. Either way when it gets home I am breaking out the welder to do some modifications Smile I can assure you it wont happen again.

On the plus side we met some really nice people out on the trail. Hope to see them become members here and go riding with them again.

Hopefully BRP will step up and take care of it for you....one of the sometimes negative effects of being a new model....sometimes the buyer is the guinea pig, instead of the R&D department Suspect
    Rainemaker
    Rainemaker

Post by Rainemaker Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 pm

I really hope so. Can Am in their infinite wisdom will not sell tie rods for their machines. You have to get a new steering rack instead. and the shocker about all that is the Axle is more than the entire steering rack. I am already over $1k bucks in just parts not to mention what the labor would be to install everything. I made sure the dealership understood not to order anything until they were sure BRP was going to cover it under warranty. The dealer understood my position and is willing to go to bat for me so we will see what happens. I was able to confirm that the BRP sponsored racers are having this same issue. So they are aware of it, just not sure if the racers deal with the same engineers the consumers do.
    Goob28
    Goob28
    Admin

Post by Goob28 Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Goob28
    Goob28
    Admin

Post by Goob28 Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:20 pm

The Big Show
    The Big Show
    Admin

Post by The Big Show Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:25 pm

I sure hope they step up to the plate and cover it
    under warranty. This machine has less then 10 hrs on
    it and hell I was riding with you most of them. You in
    no way abused this machine.
    Goob28
    Goob28
    Admin

Post by Goob28 Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:42 pm

polaris sure would stand up to the plate. lol
    Goob28
    Goob28
    Admin

Post by Goob28 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:30 pm

The Big Show
    The Big Show
    Admin

Post by The Big Show Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Awesome vids Goob cheers
    RIDE
    RIDE

Post by RIDE Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Any word yet ? Honda had a big recall on tie rod ends several years ago, that is very dangerous they should take care of it before they have lawsuits from a high speed crash and someone getting hurt.....
    Goob28
    Goob28
    Admin

Post by Goob28 Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:38 am

yeah can am is going to step up and take care of it.glad to see that happen i think they got a problem with that. hey thats better then a eng problem

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:15 am